Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's time for... Supermodel Documentary Hour!






Okay. I have always been shy around cameras. When I was a wee lad, all my family photographs showed a little boy crossing his eyes. I guess I have issues taking myself seriously. Thankfully, you can't see my eyes in these pictures.




I love how this bag turned out. I wonder if I should show you the before picture...hm, nah.
As for the sizing, I modified it just a little bit, but I don't know if I could recreate it exactly. The smaller bags said to cast on 160 sts, and the Spacious Show and Tell Moebius Bag called for 165, so I think I picked a number in between. Then with each increase/decrease I ended up eyeballing it, and a couple times, fudging it. One delicious part of felting is that your knitting can look somewhat crappy, but it literally comes out in the wash.

One feature I like in my bag is that you can see the construction without getting dizzy. And it's just not super-stripey. This bag brings back happy memories of Ecuador. I can just imagine stealing Cat's copyright and sitting in some crowded marketplace selling felted moebius bags, and trying to sneak extra dollars off the tourists. Of course, I've never been very entrepreneurial, and I'm not even sure I can spell it. So I may never be able to realize my dream of making money off my knitting. But if I did, I would love to make these. As it is, I can't imagine just replicating what I've already seen or done. Make each one unique, that's what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment