Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pleased to meet me, I'm sure

Ok. So here's the deal: I like to knit more than I like to type. Actually, more than a lot of things. But, as I couldn't really make it to all the places I'd like to be sans a car, I figure I should let the world know I'm alive. Hello, world.

I want to get down to the local coffee shop and get some yarn on, so I'll keep this relatively short (relatively being the operative word here). I'm eager to finish my first moebius bag today if I can...just gotta close up the bottom and knit the pouch, then felt it. Can't wait for that. But, I guess I gotta, huh? About the moebius...I figured it would be pointless to knit, just so that I could say it's a cool strap that twists permanently. But once I got past the first row or two, I found two incentives to make more moebii:
1. It's a delightfully easy knit
2. It really is a cool concept.
Maybe Cat Bordhi's concept of magical knitting seems a bit over the top for my liking, but I really do think it's a bit magical. Intriguing, at least. And since I spend a lot of time trying to get people's attention and interest, this may be one of the tricks I pull out of my pocket. I certainly have a desire to knit some over-the-shoulder project bags, since I have a habit of knitting as I go...sometimes literally.

Well, as I miss each bus that goes by, I think I'll stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment