Monday, July 13, 2009

Wishing you and yours many happy moebii

I hate waiting. On the other hand, the excitement of knowing I'd come home to a new project that's drying on the rack kept me going through the day. Here's the moebius bag, still a little wet, and just as good as I had hoped:
Cool, huh? I had a lot of input on this bag. I was going to use my handspun for the contrast color, since blue and brown, and blue and green are my fave colorways. Why not put them together? At knitting circle, two things happened to deter me. Jennypoo gave me one of her first dyeing experiments, and she convinced me that the warm brown was asking for a different palette than the yarn I had spun.

I took it well and only cried a little. Using the free yarn she had given me, as well as the macaroni-and-cheese-colored yarn she had started with, I added some delicious Brown Sheep yarn I had purchased simply because it was on sale and I loved the color. Came in pretty handy here, I think. Jenny also suggested the zigzag motif, and I was verrry slow in coming to it. Took me all afternoon to get it right. Now that it's all there, ah luvs it.

A funny coincidence surfaced as I knit this. I was using my new Harmony needles, which I must say are lovely, but...well, I wish they were just natural wood grain colors...not akin to clown barf. Nice clown barf, but still, it can get difficult to see lace on these guys. As much as I dislike the colors on the needles, and as much as I like the colorwork on the satchel, it turns out they're almost identical. Okay, KnitPicks...I'm sorry. Your needles made this project easy and fun.

I could name this project "My First Moebius" or "Harmonies Huzzah", but I am a huge fan of boxed mac-n-cheese. So this has to be my Mac-n-Cheez Moebius Satchel. It's not a handbag, ladies. It's a satchel. *scratch and spit*

That's all I feel like typing, and more than you feel like reading. Whoever "you" is. So TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment