Saturday, August 22, 2009

Are you sure you're you?

Last night I got to play harp at the local arts night downtown. Since I was located in an art studio, all sorts of artsies walked in the door; it was fun to meet them. It seems like so long since someone outside my head has expressed an effervescent interest in singing Renaissance music. I also talked with a model (or jack-of-all-trades), listened to the local off-broadway group, and was given a skein of yarn by a friend and an art cube by an artist who also does her own spinning. Fun times. Of course, listening to the people singing made me want to sing all the more; it was nice to have a place to do it, even if it was directly across the street and not quite far enough away to avoid frequent interruptions. I can't really compete with amplifiers and upbeat music when I'm schmalzing. I'm still debating whether I should audition for the broadway group.

The only thing that was a bit off was that everyone kept thinking my name was David. It turns out that I'm not the only man who plays harp around here. Funny, but you can't always get your fame by being unique, even if you are a guy who plays harp and knits. I may still have the corner on the male knitting market, but I wouldn't mind sharing it. I like the attention, but I prefer company. And my name is Will.

Yesterday was my day off, and I was in a funny mood. So I spent the day knitting something small to take a break from my more involved projects. Not because I really needed a willie warmer, but I've wanted to make something off color for a while. I do love the colors and the yarn. Ah. Here's the one time you get to see it:



As I was randomly typing the title for this post, I was reminded of a nice little movie, Who Am I This Time? If you want to see an early Christopher Walken and Susan Sarandon, check it out. I only read one Kurt Vonnegut story in high school, but this showed me a different side of him. I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment