Sunday, August 2, 2009

Knitting in church



This past weekend was a whirlwind of wedding fun. I got to head up to the Philly area to sing in a friend's wedding. Boy, it's been a while since I've really sung! It was great to get back to it a bit. Here's the condensed soup: freak rainstorms, lots of waiting, yay for transposing capabilities on the organ, Christian bachelor parties=Dave and Buster's, reception at a gorgeous mansion, hanging out with good guys and musician-folk, need more sleep, seeing a few old friends, and where's my knitting when I need it?
I knit a set of washrags for the couple, and I even finished weaving in the ends from up on the stage during the extended prelude. Yes, the bride/bridesmaids were a good half hour late. Lucky for the groom, it was only the hairdresser that caused the delay. Worked for me. I kept my work low, so no one could see what I was doing with my hands.

Silly me, I left my knitting behind during the reception, thinking I'd be too busy mingling and dancing. I didn't realize at the time that I'd have a couple hours' worth of photos to wait for, and then my entire table would leave, and I'd be left to explore the beautiful grounds with the fireflies for the greater part of the evening. They were very nice grounds, by the way. Bee-u-tee-ful. So it wasn't all a loss. And I have a few Twizzlers left from the candy bar. I only realized this morning that there had been no cake--only ice cream and candy. Fine with me. But all that time, I could have been working on my second Coriolis sock, and still not missed anything! I don't drink, so that wasn't an option. So I was just meditative and a bit melancholy. It felt like one of those scenes from a movie, except no handsome stranger came to chat. Here's sock number one:

By the way...I'm officially past the toe of number two. It's made with Noro Silk Garden Sock. It has made me want to spin a similar yarn single for socks. I love two things about this sock above: the colors, and the fact that I didn't have to pick up a single stitch. Yahaha!

Now that the wedding's over, I can work on my raglan sweater some more. That said, I'm gonna go do...something.

No comments:

Post a Comment