Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall weather...sigh.


Fall weather really gets to me. It's great; I love it, but it really throws me for a loop. I don't know quite why, but I become very, very nostalgic on a beautiful autumn day. Think of all the wonderful things you get to enjoy in the fall: wearing new cold-weather gear before the cold has worn out its welcome, harvest decorations and desserts, apple dumplings, apple pie, pumpkin spice lattes, chocolate anythings, more apple dumplings, outdoor festivals, preparing Christmas music in choirs, homemade goodies to buy and eat, attending a plethora of musical delights, watching the leaves change while eating apple dumplings...and all the busy-ness to look forward to, before it really hits too hard. Okay, so I already feel busy. And I don't even have much of a life.

I've actually beasted on a lot of projects this summer, and been steadily knocking out some of the longer projects. Right now I'm almost being monogamous...I'm waiting for fair isle and sweaters to bite me in the neck...or the butt...or anywhere they wish, once I take those classes THIS WEEKEND! I'm a little excited. I like a good excuse to go up to Loop.

I'm getting close to done my Daybreak shawl. I've been rather reluctant to work on it; I think it's the discipline of trying to knit continental style when it just doesn't come naturally yet. Knitting is fine, but purling is difficult to tension. I also have noticed I have to hold the sleek Malabrigo differently than the rougher Noro yarn, just so that I can keep the yarn coming without it becoming too slack in my hand. It's been an adventure seeing how the colors come out...I'm excited that I'm getting close to done.

Rhinebeck is just around the corner. Fall festival, here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment