Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Journey to Rhinebeck, part the second






In part the first, I left you with the most exciting cliff-hanger ever!  And today, I have an even better one!  


I arrived in Albany/Rensselaer on Friday afternoon, with the most gorgeous weather imaginable.  



The station is located in Rensselaer, just across the Hudson River from New York's capital city.  Having a couple hours to kill, I strolled and took pictures.  





The park below the bridge onramp was pretty cool...the ramp itself was used as a painter's canvas.  Here's a few of my favorites.











After taking some pictures, I strolled over the bridge into historic Albany, clicking my cameraphone like a dutiful tourist.

















I couldn't have asked for a nicer afternoon.





I took advantage of the opportunity to do a photoshoot with my newest handspun, using Brewergnome's roving, "Water On the Rocks."










A word about this yarn.  I screwed it up, not knowing my way around the wheel yet.  So, Dan, when I told you I had your yarn with me, I actually had it in my bag...but I was ashamed to show you what became of your beautiful fiber.  My apologies.  Most of it is so-so, but a few spots are really tight.  Yick.  On the bright side, I'm currently knitting it up, and I gotta say, this is a beautiful colorway.  It just sort of matches with anything.  Way to go, Dan!





And here we see my sustanance, appropriately titled.  Not a bad mix, with cherries, raisins, currants, almonds, pistachios, apricots...and maybe some other stuff.


And here's a tree pic for yarndude:



It's on the walk by the river, where I met my host.  We proceeded to pick up his friend and head home to meet the dogs.  His partner came home, and another friend joined us for movie night.  Delicious dinner, great company, and--I still can't believe it--my favorite frozen pie!  All in all, a lovely time, but I had trouble staying awake for the movie.  It had been a long day.  And the next day held even more promise, for this was the day I'd been anticipating...and dreading.


I look forward to proving everyone wrong about Rhinebeck.  
But that's another story...


2 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for the tree pic! It's very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You win a gold star for my first comment ever!! And you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete