Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bangin' em out

The 2010 Olympics are in full swing, and so is my spree of project finishing.  Now that the sweater vest is out of the way, here's my latest Finished Object: my very own Hemlock Ring Blanket!


I had put this project aside last summer, not realizing I was just past the last set of increases before the bindoff.  That means I had four rows plus the edging to do.  Granted, those last rows take a bit to get all the way around, but it was easy knitting.  I even used a lifeline, but it was kinda pointless at that stage.  Oh well, good practice.







 The pattern is Jared Flood's Hemlock Ring Blanket, a doily pattern extrapolated into a lap blanket, using the help of bulky yarn.  It's knit in Cascade Ecological Wool, color Latte, and I have a good bit of the second skein left.  Granted, the skein is about 500 yards to begin with.



Yeah.  And I wound that sucker by hand.

On the needles now, with the mad intention of finishing by closing ceremony next Sunday, are a pair of long forgotten socks, a shawl for mom, and another Herbivore Shawl by Stephen West.  Hold on to your hats, folks!

3 comments:

  1. Will, it's lovely! Now you need an exercise ball to put it on!


    Enjoy!

    Aaron


    PS - LOVE the longer hair and the scruff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do wish I had knitted my Hemlock Ring Blanket with Eco-wool. I love that yarn. Your blanket looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, nice blankie! And, umm, big ball! :-)

    ReplyDelete