Saturday, February 27, 2010

Winding up for the finish

Pun intended.  


I wound two skeins of alpaca/silk lace yarn for my upcoming Evenstar Shawl.  I slightly freaked at the feeling of fragility in the yarn as I opened up the hanks.  And I had a little fun taking pics with my Hemlock Ring as well.





The Olympic knitting is in a way a sort of time-bound training for my bigger project on the Evenstar.  Further up and further in!

Today I finished Mom's Little Black Shawl, which took the place of the February Lady Sweater.  If you're looking for an easy and functional and pretty knit, this may be the thing. 


Sorry for the lousy pictures.  I had to brave the stares of people at an overcrowded Starbucks as it was.



It acutally wasn't my favorite project...I'm thinking it was the large size of the needles combined with this not-so-thick yarn.  It's Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted.  I don't fully know why I don't like this yarn as much as I used to, but I think it's the way it splits, and the fact that it is superwash...it has no grab, so it's very unforgiving if you catch the yarn a bit as you knit.  This used to be a favorite of mine.  I guess we go in phases.  The yarn used for my sweater vest definitely spoiled me with its lofty, spongy, gritty feel (without being scratchy).  Maybe it's just that I don't like plain, albeit handdyed, black.  Still, I'm happy to knit it for Mom if it will be something she can really use and enjoy.  

Left to finish by tomorrow night: my Herringbone Rib Socks.  


I'm on the foot of each, past the heel, but it's very slow knitting.  
I'm not too sure I'll make it to the finish line in time.  




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, you're such a goof! What yarn are you using for the Evenstar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we would say down here, "that boy is 'touched'". I love it!!!

    Chris Vandenburg

    ReplyDelete