Monday, June 7, 2010

Oh. It's autumn!

Did you ever look at a skein and wonder how the beautifully handpainted colors would interact once knitted?  Several weeks back I had some times when I was facing such a question.  I was knitting in the yarn store while this skein continued to sing like a siren to me. 


I was enchanted by the green and challenged by the salmon pink (as I call it, anyway)...and soon I had put back the yarn I had originally intended to purchase in order to buy this one skein.  

Isn't it lovely?  But the colors mystified me.  

So, eager to see the outcome, I wound it on the ball winder.  




And as I looked at the finished cake, I thought aloud, "Oh.  It's autumn."  




And that was that. 

2 comments:

  1. Mystery solved. I had a skein of Malabrigo like that once upon a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is pretty! The colors really work well together.

    Will it become something for show and tell when you come up next month?

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete