Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sheep on the brain

I just realized that Ebenezer Scrooge wasn't the Christmas grinch; he was just a misunderstood sheep.

Wakka wakka wakka!

Life has been busy these chilly days, which I'm sure is no big surprise to anyone living in North America.  I'm knitting every moment I can, but I still can't talk about it much, since it's almost all on the down low.  Suffice it to say that I'm enamored with worsted weight, rustic, sheepy-smelling yarn. When knitting with Marr Haven yarn, being hypnotized by wool fumes is not just an excuse for extravagance in a yarn store. It is a wonderful reality.

I fussed with my cabled mittens design until I kinda hit a wall; it's on the back burner now, having scratched the itch.  So much for my dreams of becoming rich and famous.  I can better appreciate the already-designed patterns I'm working on for gifting.  Thank you, you smart designers.  I enjoy the way your patterns flow so effortlessly.

Between sentences, I'm pausing to knit some honeycomb cables.  Now I want to knit a full aran sweater in the color grey.  Yumm.  Is it bad that I'm fantasizing about smelling like a sheep?  (That is to say, because I'm wearing sheep's clothing...)

Because I'm blogging and knitting in entertaining and somewhat mercurial company, the next statement is unrelated to the previous line of thought.  The weather is really cold today.  Really cold.  To all disrespecters, I just want to say,
How do you feel about knitting now??  Huh???

So there.

Oh!  I almost forgot to show you how my Akimbo turned out:

I think the Noro behaved this time.   Woot!


P.S. Can you guess what is today's new vocabulary word?

5 comments:

  1. new vocab work: wakka? ... no?
    Akimbo looks amazing! I'm enjoying my Little Colonnade, simple but lovely. Have a great holiday and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I think Akimbo and Noro behaved quite nicely ;D

    I too love rustic sheepy yarn and I'm also waiting for that mitt pattern ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mercurial. And I'm glad you're still alive! I had plans to email you last night after driving to MN from PA, but then I saw your blog post. Your Akimbo looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE L O V E your Akimbo! Can't wait to see the stealth knitting.....

    ReplyDelete