Thursday, September 1, 2011

Oh! Shoot!

Photo shoot, that is!

I finally finished my Java socks. I started them in February.  Sad, I know.  But now it's a happy thing!    Hopefully you don't mind a picture-laden, verbally-frugal post...

Java Socks 2

Java Socks 11

Java Socks 3

As you may already know, the Java sock is made special partly by the way the gusset decreases eat up the instep of the foot, rather than the typical spot along the sides of the heel.  I figured out my own method for working the cables without a cable needle, using a bit of slipping.  I wasn't keen on the idea of the pinch-and-slip method at such a small gauge.  You can also see that the toes involve no grafting, though I must admit I rather missed it.

Java Socks 9

Java Socks 4

Java Socks Fountain 2

Next up: A continuation of the photo shoot, wherein I reveal the finished Wesknits mystery shawl!  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god, you crack me up. I had no idea you were a sock model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just any sock model, but a super-hero-complete-with-flying-cape sock model!

    That's a great pattern for semi-solids. I think to queue it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these socks, pattern and colour :D

    ReplyDelete