Thursday, September 8, 2011

What I couldn't show you before

So, um, I was looking at the tags cloud for my blog, and it appears to be rather overshadowed by a particular name.   I feel like a creepy stalker, but I'm really not!  So I shall not mention it here.

You know those testknits for You-Know-Who?  Here's one from Book Three.


DSC07083


Dustland - the hat.  (there are mitts to match)

DSC07238

Warning: this is the first of my new photo shoots, courtesy of my fine photographer... hat photo frenzy to follow.

DSC07234

That's my photographer there.  Ain't he great?

DSC07250

And this is me.  Heh.



Now for the promised plethora of photos:

DSC07229


DSC07284


DSC07288


DSC07283


DSC07256


DSC07102


The review: This hat was so easy to knit that at first I didn't realize how much I'd like it.  It consists entirely of simple knit-purl combinations, so it'd be a great project for a knitter who doesn't feel very confident in his or her pattern-reading skills yet--just one of the things I love about the patterns of he-who-must-not-be-named.

DSC07228


The fabric is easy to read as you knit.  I'm not a fan of ticking off rows on paper or a counter of some sort; rather I find it much easier to read the actual stitches if the fabric allows it.  No fuss, no papers to lose, no counter that I forgot to tick or turn.  So I love patterns that have reference points built in, as this one does. 


DSC07216

 Good times! I love it!

3 comments:

  1. Something happened with my phone and I don't know if my comment got posted, so... here it is again:

    Wow, a single-colored pattern from the unnamed designer? That's unthinkable! Also, is that photographer who I think it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh my, what big teeth your photographer has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always your photos make me smile - love them ! and of course I love your hat cause i have one too...ahhahaha ;D

    ReplyDelete