Monday, October 31, 2011

Baaah Humbug!

Happy Halloween!

(I know I still owe a Rhinebeck report.  This is not it.)

Bad Day SheepWhen I was a wee laddie, my family generally shunned Halloween.  I still have a residual dislike for gory and scary costumes, but one of the few costumes I had growing up was that of a little sheep.  Who knew?



Mama tried to raise me to be a good little sheep.





Baa Baa Black SheepThis year my team at work picked a Nursery Rhymes theme, but we ended up adding a twist to each of them.  It took me a long time to decide on which one I'd be, but I found my inspiration in Baa Baa Black Sheep:

Baa Baa black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full.
One for my master,
One for the dame,
And one for the little boy
Who lives down the lane.

I certainly have bags of wool.  But here's the twisted version:

Baa Baa black sheep
How do you look so cool?
By covering myself from head to toe
With lots and lots of wool!



I feel pretty good about the fact that I can reuse all the yarn and fiber in the skeins and mohawk and tail.  Spending a lot of money on a cheap costume that will not get used again seems a waste to me, but I can't bear to wear the same costume each year, either.

Oh, and for the nerdy folks: the mohawk is made of some lovely shetland I got at Rhinebeck a couple years back.

Baa Baa Black Sheep


What did you dress up as for Halloween?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the costume, Will!!! The mini skeins are a great touch...

    ReplyDelete