Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rhinebeck Part 1: Roadshots

Rhinebeck has come and gone, and I have some photos to share with you! I hope to offer them in several pieces for easy viewing.

Part the First: The Road

The ride up to to New York was characterized by rain. 

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain.  

And I loved it. To be fair, I was not the driver, and I was frantically working on my sweater. I'm deeply grateful to my guy for doing literally all the driving during the course of the weekend. What a sweetie!  (Read between the lines: I'm not the best driver.)

Rain 1

If it had to be a rainy day, it was about the most beautiful rainy car ride I could ask for.

Rain 2

Rain 4

Once we arrived at our friend's house in Albany, however, the rest of the weekend was gorgeous. Our host wisely suggested we take the Taconic State Parkway down to Rhinebeck on Saturday. 

Taconic Pkwy 8 

We were happy to do a repeat of the TSP both ways on Sunday, and the trip home afforded us a couple minutes to take in the breathtaking view of the Catskill Mountains near sunset.

Taconic Pkwy 11

I'm so grateful that of all weekends, our trip up to New England fell on this particular weekend.  Just wait till you see the trees on the fairgrounds! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. loving the pictures ~ my old stomping grounds

    can't wait for more...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what gorgeous trees! Looking forward to your other pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo...if Jeff does the driving, that certainly leaves you loads of time to join in our Nieblingmania KAL, right??

    now, that's sound logic ~ I think Jeff would agree with me ;)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete