I've been working up warm woolies of all sorts during an extended weekend with knitter friends.
My Leaves Of Grass blanket is coming along... I actually made my way into Chart C!
I'm also nearly finished the Hypotenuse wrap. I intentionally left LOG behind so I could bang this one out. After a while, I just wanted to be done. If being chilly had not been rushing me to finish, I think it would be a wonderful long-term project; it is easy to pick up and put down, and while there are a ton of rows, one row is not really so bad. I am still tempted to try this pattern again.
I brought Igor along as the project bag, and found him to be a delightful companion during the trip.
Here is the project that prevented my actual completion of Hypotenuse:
I had purchased one ball of each of these colors with the intention of sampling them together, perhaps for a stranded sweater design. I figured I could use a bit of knitting circle mojo and extended time to bring it about, and my plan worked!
I settled on the Norwegian Selbu Mittens pattern by Henriette Hope. It's very basic, leaving some details to the knitter's imagination, particularly in the area of increases and decreases. That's fine; I don't like to have too much detail to follow anyway! I modified them to make a convertible mitt, and I'm pretty pleased overall.
I love this yarn! It's Peer Gynt by Sandnes Garn in Norway, and it has a deliciously 'toothy' texture that becomes evident whenever I weave in the ends. Because of this quality, I felt comfortable being a little less obsessive during the ritual weaving in of so many loose ends. Now I just need a sweater's worth of this stuff...
This mitten took shape over about two days, but I'm not done yet; the second mitten has yet to be cast on, and I am thinking of working a different method this time around. My method of picking up the stitches left something to be desired. It worked, but it was finicky and left more crease than I would like. I'm eager to try the method used in Kathy Cochran's Glittens pattern. Stay tuned to see how that turns out!