Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Buttons! Get me buttons, quick!

Guess who just finished his epic Rhinebeck Sweater!!! Well, all but the ten buttons... I still have yet to find the right ones since revising the band.

Just finished!

I don't mind its quirks so much, now that I can see it completed. The problem with a sweater that you can try on to get the perfect sleeve length is the way you can always pull it on too far or not far enough, and psych yourself out.

Just finished!

Better pictures will come once the buttons are added. Talk about a huge item checked off my list! I'm kinda loving this sweater right now; the house is a bit chilly tonight.

Yay!

8 comments:

  1. What a great sweater! I'm glad it turned out. So... I know I'm a knitter and all, but I *always* forget that sweaters exist. I have a whole drawer full of hand-knit wool sweaters, but do I wear them? No. Never. Instead I shiver in the cold with a cotton sweatshirt on, wrapped in a blanket, wishing there were some way I could be warm without wearing 17 shirts at once. How dumb am I? Thanks for the reminder about sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you a comment on the MWK site but wanted to tell you here as well just what a wonderful sweater you have created. Beautiful design and colour
    Ron in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic!!! great job, Will...I'm trying to think of some snarky compliment I can give you about your freakishly fashionable sweater but then I remember that it's JEFFRY that's the snarky one, not you, so I should be kind ;)

    I'm glad you followed your heart and redid the parts you weren't happy with ~ it's perfect!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is one handsome sweater! All of your hardwork has really paid off, it looks good on you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see the buttons you pick out. I won't go into my button fetish here, but they do make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job Will. I can't wait to see it in person. The Wanderknit folks in NJ are looking forward to a PA run to visit you and Jeff soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great ! Run and get buttons so we can see the finish....great color !

    ReplyDelete