Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Groundhog Day!

When it comes to movies, I am a wimp. I managed to sit through a Bourne movie marathon, and it worked well for two reasons:

1) I was not paying full attention, as my knitting created a buffer from some of the tension, and
2) the tense and somewhat annoying soundtrack and action sequences left me knitting probably as fast as I possibly can.

After a while ribbing becomes second nature; I remember that I used to feel daunted by the idea of constantly switching between knit and purl stitches, but now it is little more than an annoyance. On a good day, I don't even notice it -- like when I'm watching action films.

Thanks for the love and support for the prodigal cardigan; it appears to be repentant. Here you can see the changes I've been making.

Button Band update

Lest you think that I did not center my buttonholes very well, I should warn you that I am taking Jeff's suggestion for a double-breasted button band to manage the width with a bit more grace. This process of making decisions as I go is both fun and frightening, and I find myself compensating for shortcomings along the way. It is nice to have a second try. I thought button bands were simpler than this. Once again, I am reminded of the work that goes into creating a design -- and why I am willing to pay someone who has put in the work behind the scenes to make a pattern seem so effortless. 
Button Band update

A lot of people may be looking forward to an early spring, but I am just hoping to get some good opportunities to enjoy my cardigan. Summer, please don't come too soon.

2 comments:

  1. it's looking so much better, Will

    glad you forgave it and the 2 of you are on friendly terms again ;)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate button bands. It's like that one little strip of knitting can determine the entire outcome of your sweater. So much stress!

    ReplyDelete