Thursday, June 13, 2013

Nearing the finish...

This evening I bit the bullet and seamed the first sleeve, as well as the collar. Both leave something to be desired, but considering I'm reinventing the wheel, I'm proud of my work.

Collar: whoops!

Here you can see my first attempt at the collar.  I neglected to accomodate the bottom of the V-neck. Too bad, because it had a nice clean edge for seaming...

Collar

And this is the new version, with increases added sloppily onto the end of the ribbing. The method I used for seaming this hides that edge, but it's extremely bulky.  I'm hoping it blocks a bit smoother, but I'm not going to cry if it looks as bad as it does now.  I still like the overall effect.

First shoulder seam done!

Now that I have the first shoulder seam done and know it will work well enough, I can finish the second sleeve.  I'm already a fifth of the way into the sleeve cap, so I am hoping to have a new sweater by next week!  This weekend promises to be pretty full, though, so I will have to see if I can squeeze the sweater in somewhere, probably by lamplight.

Wooot!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! And stop being so critical of your work. I looks wonderful and is going to be wonderfully dashing on you.

    ReplyDelete