Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tha-ree down! (crochet edition)

I finished a third item from my Countdown Challenge!  And this one's crochet!

Grannies' Grannies

Grannies' Grannies

Okay, so I didn't worry about everything being perfect. I just wanted this done. But now I have one of my favorite knitting bags free to use again!

Grannies' Grannies

See what I mean about not being perfect? That's okay. I think the colors make up for its imperfections. And this blanket was about the process that went into making the squares; once that part was over, it became something that just needed gettin' done.

Grannies' Grannies

More on the process, lifted from my ravelry project page:
Worked on these squares with the elderly at the home. They helped me wind the balls and pick the colors and hold the yarn while I did the crocheting. They usually got to talking about their old crochet days - which was a big deal, since many of them hardly spoke most of the time. Crocheting seemed to slow things down enough for their thoughts to bubble to the surface.

Grannies' Grannies

I had wanted to give this back to the elderly, but I've moved to a different state and a different facility. I'll have to mull this one over. I could always use the excuse to go visit the old haunt...

1 comment:

  1. Taking it back on a visit sounds lovely, even if a bit heart breaking. I'm sure you will find something lovely to do with it. It is very nice, and I don't see any imperfections.

    ReplyDelete