Saturday, August 3, 2013

Two Down.

Boom.

Fish fish fish

Fish fish fish

Fish fish fish

I finally got the eyes onto this little sucker. I don't know exactly why, but I always seem to get stuck on that part, but when I finish I love the result. I guess it kinda looks like crap until I add the pupils.

Speaking of strange eyeless fish, I got a few daylight shots of the sparkly fish, knit mostly in Berrocco Flicker.

Fish fish fish

The yarn was a bit tricky in terms of gauge, but I love the look of the texture. In a way, it reminds me of scales. Of course, the feel is nothing like scales, being mostly alpaca.

Fish fish fish

Fish fish fish

Other Countdown projects I've worked on this week: 
  • Slade (and found out it might need some tweaking in order to fit right... I'm kinda excited about this little modification. More to come.)
  • Happy Flapless Flip Flop Socks
  • Meadow Socks

Overall, it's been an encouraging start. I keep wanting to cast things on, especially with my latest handspun, but I'm trying to be good.

What languishing UFO have you picked up recently?

1 comment:

  1. Wait, we're supposed to actually *work on* our UFOs? I thought they were meant to languish.

    ReplyDelete