Tuesday, September 17, 2013

KAL mania!

I'm banging out my projects as best I can, but have run into a few things to delay me.

Of course, there's the wild and crazy Westknits Mystery KAL going on right now, and I think Stephen's outdone himself. At least the first clue is quite entertaining and challenging, while still providing lots of garter stitch TV knitting time. Kudos, Stephen!

Clue 1 Progress

The knitalong is called Color Craving, and I gotta say I'm in love with the colors I picked. I think it's gonna be a winner. During my knitting by the Wissahickon, I had taken photos of my possible color combos, and I'm glad I did. It had been my #3 choice, but photographing it enabled me to see how well the colors work together.  My color pop is the Blue Spruce color, thanks to Yarndude.  

2013-08-12 12.03.44

And then there's a KAL going on over at my favorite KAL spot, GirlsInSheepClothing. The fabulous and talented Mel has turned out a shawl that looks like it will be a very pleasant knit. Rachel's Shawl is a lovely knit with a soulful story, and through the end of October, 100% of the proceeds are being given to a good cause. Check it out!  I think I have my yarn picked out, but I'm still mulling it over while I try to get some deadline knitting out of the way. It's tough to refrain, but I've gotta behave over the next couple weeks!!

Back to the Countdown Challenge: I recently finished a second Pterotactyl shawl for the KAL going on in Ravelry. Actually, I started it before the handspun version, but it took a bit longer. I love how it turned out.

Pterotactyl

Pterotactyl

"Knit on with confidence and hope, through all crises." And KALs.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the love ♥

    good to hear you'll knit with us ~ I will be knitting mine forever so pop on whenever you're ready...it will be good to have you along again!

    ...and Jeff with his handspun if he ever finishes it (hehe!)

    one of these days I'll have to cast on a Stephen West project ~ a certain new design won't leave my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how the Stephen West KAL turns out. I just finished one of his patterns and I can't wait to get another on my needles. I love how your shawl turned out. Fabulous work. Of course I'll be making a Rachel Shawl as soon as my needles are free.

    ReplyDelete