Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Knit Next To A Kilt

Last weekend the guy and I got to go knitting at the Celtic Classic in Bethlehem, PA. It totally made us want to play bagpipes and wear kilts.

2013-09-28 14.43.17

2013-09-28 14.29.02

Of course, I'm referring to all the inspiring music.

knittin by some pipers

We brought along our Stephen West mystery knitalong projects, which made for some fun photos.

knittin on the tracks

As it turns out, I even found a building that kinda matches my shawl, down to the angular lines at the center of the shawl!

2013-09-28 15.58.49

Yes, I changed out one of the colors after trying two others that just weren't giving the effect I wanted.

2013-09-28 12.06.34

Now it has red, and I love it.

Apricot-almond strudel, demolished

I killed this strudel (apricot-almond!), but not before I paused to capture a memory of its glorious inner colors and succulent flakiness.


And if that wasn't gratuitous enough, here are some flowers:

Flowers

Flowers


3 comments:

  1. Hey, I know someone who plays the bagpipes and wears a kilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun times. I can't wait to see how the Mystery knit turns out.

    ReplyDelete