Saturday, December 7, 2013

Destash is on!

Okay, my destash is up on Ravelry! Stop on over and see if there's anything you or a friend migh like. As I mentioned in my last post, I'm trying to scrape together some money for harping, so every little bit helps!

Now that that's out of the way, here's a little update on some of the things that have kept me so absent:

Julekuler!

Julekuler

Julekuler

I scored the natural shades of Jacob wool yarn at the Garden State Sheep Breeders festival back in September, and threw in the red yarn for a little holiday pizazz. Ideally, the Jacob wool will provide a beautiful theme for a number of Christmas balls to come, even if it's not this year.  After all, I have a time crunch!

The headphone cozy I made for a patient at the nursing home sorely needed replacing, so this past week I got my rear in gear and cranked one out. This time I added some sporty stripes, and I love how it turned out.

Headphone Cozy 2.0

The smaller size of the iPod Shuffle made it easier to fit the player onto the whole contraption; the first time around the resident had a bulkier mp3 player that dangled uncomfortably.

The other thing that I can show you is not new; I simply rephotographed it with more care than before, as I plan to gift it to a woman who is moving away at the end of the year. Appropriately, the pattern is the Traveling Woman Shawl. At a time when we were feeling a bit unsure of ourselves, the recipient won my partner and me over with her candid and welcoming spirit; we're gonna miss her. The world needs more people like Hillary.

Traveling Woman

Traveling Woman

Alright... I need to go break out that harp now! In Hillary's honor, I offer a wish up for you, feeling like we could all use it right now: when you least expect it (and perhaps most need it), may you find yourself greeted with kindness, tolerance, and peace, and may your inspiration to extend the same to others be greater than mere deserving.

2 comments:

  1. gulp ~ the shawl is amazing...it took my breathe away! Hillary is lucky but sounds very deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shawl to make as a gift, although it sounds as though Hillary is a very deserving recipient.

    ReplyDelete