Monday, March 2, 2015

Functional knits



Having finished my big deadline knitting for the Christmas-and-following-swap season, I feel a bit freer to flit about between projects.  I've knit a few smaller items of my own devising, including some more cup cozies.


This one is knit in my handspun Dorset.




I finished knitting the Treppenviertel Cowl, and it has held me in good stead in the chilly blast that we've been experiencing of late.


It was a long knit, but I have to say, the simplicity and elegance of this functional design is either genius or a really great accident. Or perhaps the genius is in sifting through all the possibilities to find that one, simple solution.


 It can be worked in different weight yarns, since the pattern is really a concept more than a line-by-line holding of the hand. That's my jam, anyway; I love to have a framework which I can build upon or tweak for my purposes. Here I used a bit less than a skein of Madelinetosh DK, and I love how it came out.



Time with a working computer seems to be far and few between these days; I've attempted to blog several times, but technology is against me. it would seem. So don't be surprised if I blog in rapid fire succession, while I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment