Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The colors of the sunset

It's show-n-tell time!


On the last day of May, the weather was delicious, if not a bit warm. I ran home after my morning duties and picked up my harp and almost-completed blanket for a picnic on the hill. I finished the picot bind-off on a pattern I'd been working on since finding some beautiful skeins at Maryland Sheep and Wool. Even unblocked, it's stunning. But here it is after I got it blocked:


It's not my typical color palette, and I just love that.










Design: Apres Chartres by MMario
Yarn: Briar Rose Fibers Joyful (100% Polwarth - sport/dk weight), in four colors.
Measures about 6 feet across after blocking. 


This design and pattern cheered me up each time I worked on it, and still each time I look at it. Here's hoping it brightens up your day, as well.  Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment