Monday, September 14, 2015

Stuff is done, more stuff is in the works


 Pattern: Timberline by Jared Flood
Yarn: Briar Rose Fibers Charity


 When I get modeled shots you will be able to see that the sleeves came out long; I had worried that they'd be too short (I hate long sleeves that are too short to cover my wrists).  I knit the cuffs extra long, and didn't worry about keeping gauge. So now I have a sweater that I can fold back the cuffs, or pull them down when my hands get cold. It's totally functional, but I might need to figure out how to tidy up the ends that now show up on the outside of the folded cuffs.



While I had run out of yarn for this next project, I was concerned that it would not have a long enough wingspan.  Hence the modified color stripe and stripey border. Well, you can't see it in the photo, but it's definitely long enough.  Ridiculously so. Seems to be a trend...

Because I needed more purple in my life
Pattern: Pterotactyl by Marc Smollin
Yarn: Woolberarers Handdyed Fingering (Grape Juice) and two shades of Quince & Co Tern

As I type, the air blowing in the window is slightly chilly, and I am so excited about that! Maybe I will be able to get a modeled photo of these items sooner than later...

1 comment: