Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Dr. G's Memory Vest KAL

This week has been a flurry of knitting. I worked steadily on my memory vest, and it is done! 



While knitting it the second time, I didn't feel that I was growing sick of cabling the way I did during my first time through this pattern. I can think of three factors that could have a play in this:

  1. I embraced the longer journey. Rather than fighting it, I made friends with the pacing of the pattern, and enjoyed the ride.
  2. Having been this way before, I knew that despite appearances, I was actually getting closer and closer to finishing.
  3. I kept at it, rather than letting myself get distracted by other projects.

I did steek the neckline in order to avoid having to worry about matching the left and right shoulders, and it worked fine. Overall, I'm very pleased with the outcome, and have worn it just about every day since finishing.

Now I'm knitting on my February socks and a purple sweater with Elizabeth Zimmermann as my guide, as well as a couple charity items. If I get around to it, I'll tell you more about those items at another time. In the mean time, enjoy the journey that you're on!

1 comment: