Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Knitting update

Happy Spring!  (Or, for my friends south of the equator, Happy Autumn!)

Just popping in while I have a little daylight for a couple photos of the latest WIPs:

March socks in Lorna's Laces Sock, colorway "Franklin's Panopticon":


I love that the slack balls of yarn show that they've been knit previously... I think it's my desire to make the most of the colorway that has led me to attempt sock patterns that are for me a bit trickier, at least in terms of fit. I think I'm past the difficult bits, just knitting in stockinette on the foot to get things done. I'm determined to finish by the end of the month.

When I've been frustrated by the socks, I have gone to some comfort knitting on my second Vivid blanket:


These are knit from leftovers from my Apres Chartres lace blanket, augmented by some chartreuse BFL I picked up in my travels.

I've also been picking up my Fair Isle vest again, teased by the mercurial weather into trying to crank out one more vest before the heat of summer creeps in. It's so nice to work with and watch grow, and I managed to weave in a mess of tails last night, just to make this even more pleasant.


The pattern repeat is pretty long, due to the offset band of snowflakes, so I'm still working on the first time through. You can probably see how it goes, nonetheless.


For a little harp inspiration, here's a piece performed by the lovely Maeve Gilchrist:



1 comment:

  1. You sure keep things interesting. All the projects are wonderful. I am looking forward to see the finished vest.

    ReplyDelete